Caregivers Need Care, Too
As a family caregiver, you are truly doing an Angel’s work. But caring for an elderly family member can be all-consuming. Please know that your love and dedication doesn’t have to come at the expense of your own health and happiness.
If you’re sacrificing a great deal of your time and emotional energy to the care of the elderly person in your life, you may be experiencing caregiver stress. Caregiver stress can manifest as emotional difficulties, physical ailments, and friction in your family. Watch for these important signs:
- Fatigue — you just don’t seem to have any energy
- Over-emotional — you often feel depressed and your moods are unpredictable
- Sleep problems — you have trouble getting a good night’s sleep and wake up tired
- Weight changes — you recently gained or lost a significant amount of weight
- Physical problems — you have frequent headaches, neck and back aches, or other chronic pain
Let Heavenly Care Help
If this sounds like you, please give yourself a break! Caregivers need care, too. Let Heavenly Care Senior Home Care help. We are available for as little as 4 hours a week, or as much as 24 hours a day.
Rest assured that while you take some “away time” for yourself, your loved one will be receiving the utmost in friendly, professional care. All our staff are trained to understand the special needs of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, dementia, and hospice patients. We are licensed, bonded, and insured by the state of Texas.
Even more importantly, we love our clients, and we serve them with compassion, respect, and kindness. When we become part of your loved one’s life, you’ll have the respite you need to regain control of your own life. You’ll enjoy your time with your elder more — and you won’t be going it alone any more.